These assignments should all be in your notebook by Tuesday, 3/23.
Week of March 22, 2004
REMINDER: WE WILL BEGIN READING THE GREAT GATSBY THIS WEEK! PURCHASE A COPY ASAP.
Look below the schedule for the list of assignments that should be in your notebook forTuesday's(3/23/04) exam.
Robinson and Dunbar
- Read biographies, p. 679.
- Read historical connection, p. 675.
- Read poems by Robinson and Dunbar.
- Do quick write #1 and #2, p. 678.
- Copy the last two pages of notes into notebooks for test.
- TEST CIVIL WAR TO MODERN ERA.
- Turn in notebooks before exam. *See reverse side of this for list of assignments due.
- 2nd ½ of class go to lab to type essay answers for test questions.
DO NOT BEGIN ESSAY ANSWERS WITH I THINK or IN MY OPINION.
Rephrase questions to begin essay answers.
- Turn in pp. 166-168 from grammar books.
- Start pp. 169-171: hyphens, dashes and ellipsis
- Pass out Gatsby/1920s projects handout. Choose topics.
- TO LRC 2nd ½ of class to begin research on projects.
- Begin reading The Great Gatsby Chapter 1.
- Complete the first page of study guide in class.
- Notes on Chapter 1 for Mondays quiz.
- TO LRC to continue research 2nd ½ of class.
- Review game Unit 9 vocabulary.
- Turn in Unit 9 vocabulary.
- QUIZ on Unit 9.
- Continue research for 1920s project in computer lab.
Frederick Douglass (20 points)
Define: autobiography, objective, subjective, point of view (3rd person, omniscient and limited).
Rethink #2, and literary link on p. 455.
Ambrose Bierce (10 points)
Literary Link, p. 475.
Sullivan Ballou (10 points)
Quick Write #1, p.475.
Lowell and Harper (20 points)
Quick Writes 1 & 2 & relate #6, p. 462.
Anne Moody (20 points)
personal connection, p. 491.
Do Literary Link #1, and Quick Write #2, p. 498.
Emily Dickinson (30 points)
Define: metaphor, simile, personification, quatrains, slant rhymes in notebooks.
quick write #1, p. 603, rethink #4, p. 601 & literary connection, p. 598. Do one example of each: simile, metaphor, slant rhyme, personification
Sandburg and Masters (20 points)
personal connection, p. 668.
Define: ephithet in notebook.
Do rethink #3, p. 671, quick write #1, p. 673. (Use EP as subject.)
Robinson and Dunbar (20 points)
Quick write, #1 and #2, p. 678.
Four pages of notes on the Civil War to the modern era.
Total= 200 points